Share Your Orders Thread
Small Verdant Order
Aged Traditional Anxi Tieguanyin
Light Roast Anxi Traditional TieguanyinAmount: 1 oz. Total: $9.25
Order Total: $15.75
I am considering ordering just a sample size of each… I really shouldn’t be ordering more, but the descriptions make these two sound out of this world!
I know I felt the same way. I really should not have but I got only a sample in one and 1 oz in the other as it seemed to me more my style than the other – lol wait until I wish I had done it the other way around! :)
I think those of us who preordered the dragonwell get a free sample of the aged tgy with our order…
I completely fail at willpower. You know Della Terra have a sale this weekend, right1? And, well, I’ve never tried any of their teas. Free shipping, modestly priced samplers, and two free 1oz. teas of my choice—I couldn’t resist!
What better way way to try a lot of one tea artisan’s teas than to stock up on samples? I got the Taste of Fall “try me” pack, which includes:
- Autumn Leaves. I love rooibos.
- Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie. I already have too much tea in some variety of pumpkin flavour that I don’t like (I’m going to give it all one more try and then see about adding the lot to a swap list), so I was a bit reluctant to get this one. But I also didn’t feel like taking the time to create a custom “try me” pack with a substitute for this one. Besides, it’s not like I don’t like pumpkin. Quite the contrary, in fact: I love it. I’ve just been disappointed by pumpkin/pumpkin spice teas so far. Maybe this will be the one to change all that. =)
- Honey Ginger Mate. Honey? Good. Ginger? Awesome. Mate? No idea, I’ve never had it before.
- Holiday Festival. This makes me a little nervous. It has a fruitcake-y feel to it in the description. Plus, apple + cinnamon, two things I don’t much like in a tea. Plus, cranberries = a tartness that I may find unappealing. BUT! On the other hand, I could be completely wrong about it. That’s the great thing about a sample! =)
- Dubbele Chocolade. Mmm…choooooocolate…OMNOMNOMNOM.
I also got the Mix It Up “try me” pack:
- Mother of Pearl. I almost wish I hadn’t read the description. Just hearing the word “fermented” makes me feel a bit queasy. But I’ve had Golden Moon’s pu-erh2 and pu-erh chai3 before, so I’ll give it a go.
- Mayan Mist. I am really looking forward to this, for the chili rather than the cinnamon. I have never had a spicy beverage (save for ginger), and I’m quite curious about the flavour and medicinal value. But I also have an ulterior motive. See, I can’t eat spicy food. Like, at all. I’m possibly the only Indian on the planet for whom this is true, or so all the Indians in my life make me feel (hmph). Forget red pepper, when it comes to food, I can’t even tolerate green chilies, black pepper, or ginger! It makes my face red, my ears ring, my stomach press charges for assault. So a scientist friend of mine tells me that all this is an allergic reaction of a kind and that I can probably train my body to increase its tolerance. So I was thinking that maybe this is a good way to do that.
- Shaolin Jasmine. I love jasmine green tea. I like a pretty saturated jasmine flavour, though, which isn’t easy to find. Maybe this will be the one that eschews the subtlety and proudly embraces its inner jasmine.
- Chocolate Almond Delight. I don’t believe I’ve ever had any type of chocolate-flavoured tea. Nor have I drunk any almond-flavoured tea. If almond tea means a sort of amaretto flavour, I think I’m going to be in heaven.
- Earl Grey Creme. It was LiberTEAS’s tasting note4 that brought this tea to my attention. I’m really looking forward to trying it.
I also got the Chocolate Lovers “try me” pack:
- S’mores. This one was on my shopping list, thanks to Azzrian’s tasting note5. I’ve never had a real S’more, but the ingredients all sound good, so my expectation is that this will be yummy.
- Chocolate Chai Pu-erh.
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. I admit it sounds good, but it still has the difficult task of getting past my pumpkin spice tea trauma. =]
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry. My gut says that this is the one I’m going to like second to least (with “least” going to Holiday Festival), but we’ll see.
- This sampler pack also includes Dubbele Chocolade, a repeat in this order from the Taste of Fall pack.
Finally, my two free 1oz. tea choices:
- Lemon Chiffon. Because of Azzrian6, of course.
- Walnut Brittle. I dunno, it sounded interesting. Plus, who knows, maybe I’ll be the first to try it and post a tasting note, that’d be fun. I admit it’s a little strange to me that this is a green. In my head it makes more sense as a rooibos or a black. But hey, what do I know? =)
Mother of Pearl is AMAZING! One of the best iced teas I’ve ever had. S’mores is really good too, and while I haven’t tried Walnut Brittle yet it smells sooooo good.
Walnut Brittle is excellent and mother of pearl is AMAZING and yeah I like their teas lol.
I agree with Rachel – your write ups are excellent!!!
I just ordered a bunch of teas from della terra and that have all been super delicious! The dubelle chocolate is by far the tasting chocolate tea i’ve tried to date :)
Hi, everyone. Thank you for the kind words and for your encouragement on the tea choices! I’m glad that you like them. A few of the teas in my order didn’t exist in Steepster’s database, yet, so I went ahead and added them.
Rachel and Azzrian, you are too kind! Rachel, calling what I’ve done technical writing would be like calling me a chef because I can boil pasta for 8-9 minutes. :D I have written software documentation, but it’s less technical writing and more explain-this-so-anyone-can-understand-it: Google Translate for geekery to English. =P
Nik, I was just thinking that you & I had agreed (a few weeks ago) to be one another’s support group for refraining from buying more tea!! Now that you’ve let me down & gone off the wagon, I can only respond by doing the same!
(actually, I’ve ordered from 3 different tea companies in the last week, I just haven’t gone public with it yet…)
:D Sounds like an awesome order!!
As a former technical writer, don’t sell yourself short. Good documentation is important (but often overlooked).
Agreed, Rachel. Terri, it’s taking all my willpower not to wander into the wonderful (I hear) world of matcha this weekend and take advantage of the Red Leaf Tea sale. I would be much better about this if I would just stop frequenting the Steepster forums, but then I’d miss some great conversations.
yeah, I’m having the same problem! I love matcha, & although I find the idea of flavored matcha somewhat sacreligious, the reviews make it sound so awesome. I’m afraid to go to the red leaf page, for fear that I might do something crazy. One thing holding me back is this question in my mind: are they naturally or artificially flavored?
I just visited the Carmel matcha page. Azzrian, your review there says it all!
I have my order filled out…& also another Verdant order for those new oolongs…haven’t added my payment info yet…I’m fighting the urge…
Bah fighting is futile! There is nothing to resist. Release yourself, be free my flower … come, be one with us.
The only thing to fear is holding back from the grander of life’s great experiences.
Give in…. don’t waste energy on fear, or guilt, there is no shame in the world of TEA!
raja sampler (black teas)
earl grey bravo 3oz
yunnan noir sample
earl grey moonlight 3oz
sweet potato pie 3oz
peach oolong 2oz
white peach sample
raspberry patch 3oz
amber sugar crystals 10oz
activiTEA (free w/ $39 order)
$0.00 got a free travel infuser with it( doubled up free shipping with 50.00 spent and a free travel infuser with a 39.00 purchase.
Great order – I am also tempted to place one for the free travel infuser.
Yunnan Noir is one of my favorites – it’s similar to Golden Monkey but a bit richer in taste. Let me know what you think of the white peach. I received it as a free sample and it seemed to have a strange soapiness to it; I hope you have better luck with that one than I did.
I woke up this morning seriously feeling the need to make a Butiki order (oh and to kill the woman who lives above my boyfriend since at 8am she was hitting her shower head with a hammer because “that’s the only way it works” but that’s another story).
1 oz The Killer’s Vanilla
1 oz Raspberry Truffle
1 oz Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
1 oz Maple Pecan Oolong
1 oz Coconut Cream Pie Rooibos
1/2 oz Watermelon Xylophone
1/2 oz Lychee Oolong
For my birthday my bestie ordered me some redleaf matcha.
Small – 30g
Starter (Basic Grade)
Small – 30g
Starter (Basic Grade)
Small – 30g
Starter (Basic Grade)
Got to love best friends! Cant wait to get it and have my first tea party:)
I just got my order of Davids yesterday, placed it last Sunday.
Got 50 grams of each of the following:
Organic White Tiger
Organic The Splash!
Honeybush Lemon Ginger
Still have to go to the store to try a bunch of the fall collection :)
Bit the bullet and ordered the Caramel Matcha from Red Leaf (small, starter grade, and delicate). :)
With the free matcha program, there’s really no reason NOT to order from them! Especially when you can get your first one on sale.
Alphakitty, you’re absolutely right. I misspoke. What I meant to say was, “to not order from Red Leaf…just yet.” =)
I held off for months, but eventually all the reviews that pop up wear you down! I feel like if I hadn’t waited my house would now be overflowing with matcha… which I do think will happen eventually ^^;
Me too! Through this thread I found out about the sale on caramel matcha and I just couldn’t resist.
Like Alphakitty and others, I too have succumbed to the temptation, so I placed an order for the caramel matcha-basic,distinctive. I have never had flavored matcha and am looking forward to seeing what all the excitement is about. I had to restrain myself from getting the tiramisu also, but I am placing a Verdant order tonight, (to grab a few of David’s short supply items.)
I’ve been wanting to try some of David’s Teas flavored blends, so I just ordered a few and they are now in the post:
Oh Canada! 50g
Coffee Pu’erh 50g
Toasted Marshmallow 50g
After browsing their website, it took a lot of restraint not to order more!
Ordered more caramel Matcha from Red Leaf because it’s on sale and I love it! However, trying the 50/50 option just to see how it compares to the straight Green option :)
I went to Fava Tea yesterday and bought some delightful tea from the delightful staff.
1 oz. White Chocolate Tiramisu Black/Green blend
2 oz. Cranberry Black
2 oz. Root Beer Black
2 oz. Ginger Mint Green
2 oz. Hazelnut Mate
2 oz. Cinnamon Spice Black
They are locally owned and operated but they have a website: http://www.favatea.com and I highly recommend their tea!