Vegan Food Swap/Traveling Box #1
First take a look at our Brainstorming Thread here:
Then…if you are interested respond below. Let us know if you are interested in doing a person-to-person Swap and/or a Traveling Box. If choosing the Traveling Box Option please be advised we will only be doing it in groups of 5 people (and then will start another one!)
For right now – we will limit it to the US only BUT if we get Non-US participants that would like to start one as well, we can :)
Traveling Box #1 Participants:
Kasumi No Chajin
Taking sign ups for Box #2 – TWO MORE Slots to fill! It will be another Traveling Vegan Food Box
We will use a LARGE Flatrate Shipping Box for this!
More info VERY SOON!
*BOX CONTENTS and How To Take & Give*
- Stacy will start off the first box. She will put in 5 items OR as many items as she wishes that do not exceed $15 in Value.
- The next person can either take everything in there and replace as much (or a bit more) than they take out with new product…OR ONLY take out what they want and replace it with the same amount of items they took (they may also add a few more items if they wish). AND SO ON.
- The LAST person on the list will send the box back to Stacy (or the first person who started the box)
- VEGAN Food Product ONLY. Nothing perishable, please. If sending dry/bulk items please ship in glass such as a Mason Jar and clearly mark contents/ingredients on the jar. Discount items are welcome as long as they are in ‘good-shape’ and ‘safe’ and have ingredients marked on them.
- Many of us “vegetarians/vegans” are ALWAYS checking labels regardless so we will continue to do so with these items…if you are unable to consume something in the box (for allergy or preference reasons) pass it on to someone else…no worries.
Totally in! I would be interested in doing either of the options. Whatever the group consensus is works for me.
I’d be interested in either option. I’m sure you don’t know who the heck I am (pretty new on steepster), but I have a special love of vegan sweets (to have with tea). I’ve been a 95% vegan for almost 10 years now (the first 2 1/2 years I was very strict). Also, I can provide references from people I have swapped with.
I would like to be in but will happily give way to someone else who is Vegan.
We need one more for this round…then we will start another one – so keep the responses coming! Looks like for this first round we can do a Traveling One!
I’m Interested,(in traveling box) not vegan, but Interested in learning more(and have dietary reasons to expand my cooking versatility), and know I can get a few items locally to add in to the box.
Ah I think I was too slow for this :(
No! I lost my slot fair and square ;) I’ll play next goround! Thank you though!
ok. I was offering mainly cause I’m not veg*an. There has been posted that there are going to be others soon anyway. Ty!
We’re starting a 2nd one! I’ll put Madeline in that one and I will join, too! Woot! Stay Tuned!
I am so tempted to do this. I am not a Vegan but rather a vegetarian and I am raising my daughter as one. I was more thinking about joining for her. Try trying to excite a 6yr old with the wonders of fruits and vegetables. I was almost thinking this would be exciting for her. She would be eager to try things because they arrived to the house in a box and it wasn’t mommy that bought them. It would be like treasure box of goodies.
Just picked up the stuff for the first box. Looks like this might go out soon-ish. :)
Oh I am going to start shopping for the box~ Yay~ :)
Are we also doing gluten free?