Hidden Gems TTB - On the move! Signups closed.
This travelling tea box is to share local and little known teas – the hidden gems you’ve discovered.
- Let’s aim for 10-12 people.
- Some activity on Steepster is required to participate.
- This tea box is for sharing hidden gems, so focus on local tea shops if you have them, and teas with 10 tasting notes or fewer.
- Put in as much tea as you take out, keeping in mind quality, price, weight and variety. Please don’t throw in 4oz of a tea you hate just to get rid of it.
- Tasting notes are mandatory for the teas you sample.
- Update the log with which teas you took out and what you put in.
- Label all teas with the company, name of the tea, and if possible, steeping parameters and ingredients.
- Make sure all teas are packed well to prevent spilling and contamination (foil pouches or double up zip lock bags are good.)
- Please keep the box no longer than a week.
- If the box gets damaged, replace it.
- Tracking is beneficial but not required.
- No tins or extras that will add extra weight to the box – let’s keep shipping as reasonable as possible.
- Follow the people before and after you on the list, to exchange addresses.
- Before sending the box to the next person, confirm via PM that they are still active and planning to participate.
I’d like to get this box together and moving by the first week of Nov if possible. :)
When signing up, please indicate where you live and if there’s any weeks that you can’t receive and send the box. I’ll try to order the list so that people with access to the same local shops won’t have the box one right after another.
Inkling, Milwaukee, WI
Haveteawilltravel, NY (willing to ship to Canada)
Reiki 275, Edmonton
Happy to participate in this one. I’ve got “local” teas from Vancouver that i can share, though i’m based in Toronto and can happy add teas from there as well.
Far as weeks go that I can’t receive the box – possibly the week of Nov 22, but that’s currently up in the air.
I’m still super interested, I have a bunch of cool teas from local shops that I’d be willing to share. I’ve participated in other steepster things, but this is my first travelling tea box. I’m in Edmonton, Alberta. Any idea how large the box is, or general idea of how much shipping normally costs?
I haven’t figured that out yet. I’m going to start putting the box together this week and then I’ll get a shipping estimate. I would like to keep the shipping under $15, but I also know that shipping within Canada just tends to be expensive.
I would be happy to participate as well. I am in Toronto though I have teas from Montreal, Niagara, etc that have not been tried by many people.
Anyone else? If someone is willing to ship from the US back to Canada then we can open this up to Americans, too.
And just in time for my local tea shop to put up a Groupon deal. Guess I might be adding a couple more of their blends! XD
:nudgenudge: Anyone else? Americans?
Don’t be intimidated by the name – the stuff you put in doesn’t have to be the best tea ever, and it doesn’t have to be local. Anything that you like (or think others would like) that hasn’t received a lot of attention on Steepster is fair game.
If anyone in the US is willing to ship back to Canada, that would be awesome. Failing that, I also have a US address it can be shipped to as the last stop.
I would be willing to ship to Canada! Oh and yes I’d like to join. I think this sounds like an interesting box.
Are sign ups still open?
I would be interested in joining! I have some local teas from Fava in Milwaukee and Indigo and Tea Source in Minneapolis.
Oi, okay, life got kind of stressful and I never got this box started. But, I have it all packed up now, except for a few more LuxBerry teas that should be arriving in the mail in the next few days. So I can get the box shipped off next week.
I’ll PM everyone who signed up, just to check in and make sure they still want to participate. Signups are still open for up to four more people (US and Canada).
Thanks all for your patience.