drank Melon Oolong by Lupicia

So, this was a sipdown! I’m not a huge fan of this tea. The melon (no clue what kind of melon it is: smells sort of like cantaloupe, but not quite) was really strong, while the Oolong was a bit lost, not to mention this was an easy one to get bitter on me. I found the melon taste to both smell and taste a bit artificial, and it was just too strong for my liking. It produced an odd tasting cuppa (maybe overripe melon?), and left the strangest (not so pleasant) aftertaste on my tongue. I wouldn’t buy this one again. It may have been drinkable, but it was on the cusp of being a down-the-drain-er for me. I think the melon definitely needs a tone down.

Started brewing loose leaf tea about seven years ago. Excited to share my experiences and learn more from everyone on here!

I’ve found I Prefer:

Oolong Teas
White Teas
Green Teas
Black Teas
Flavored White Teas
Flavored Black Teas (depending on the base tea)
Flavored Oolong Teas
Pu-erh’s
Certain Herbals/Tisanes

I’ve found I Dislike:

Bitterness/Astringent Teas
Strong Floral Teas
Fruit Tisanes (at least hot)

Matcha and Rooibos teas tend to be hit or miss with me. I guess it depends on the tea and my mood.

That being said, I’ll give anything a shot!

When I’m not brewing/sipping tea, I’m usually reading, listening to music, working, or in the summer, kayaking/camping/hiking! I also enjoy a good movie now and then. I’ve got quite the collection going. It almost rivals my tea collection! ;)

I’ve only just returned after quite some time away – Steepster stopped working for me in 2013 and I FINALLY remembered this password and was able to get back on here in 2017. But I’ve been drinking tea all along the way!

Happy steeping!