drank Chocolate Macaroon by DAVIDsTEA

Oh my, I’m trying this as an iced latte for the first time and it’s wonderful. Chocolate coconut truffle with 2% milk. Swoon.

Evol Ving Ness

How do you make an iced latte?

Fjellrev

I basically add two Perfect Teaspoons of tea to my new gravity steeper (hence why I have recently started trying the icing method over my usual cold brewing method), add around half a cup of freshly boiled water, let steep for around four minutes (although I let this one go a little longer), then poured over a pint glass full of ice and topped off with 2% milk, maybe around 100ml worth. All in the eyeballing with the water and milk amounts, really.

I know people like to still froth the milk but I don’t care enough.

Evol Ving Ness

Thank you, Fjellrev! It’s all coming together for me now. :)

Fjellrev

Hey, me too haha. I totally get why so many people like this gravity steeper now.

Helena

Wow… when I say iced I just made it with cool water and toss in some ice. I feel so uncivilized now.

Fjellrev

Don’t! Up until getting this steeper last week, I just used to lazily cold brew everything in a large jug, and my idea of a latte was just pouring a bunch of cold milk directly from the carton into my mug.

Evol Ving Ness

Did you get a DTs gravity steeper? I am on my second one now. They are good products. Though I went off using it a while ago and went to my Libre clear travel mug w screen as a daily go-to.

Fjellrev

Yeah, I got the smaller one that is on sale for $9 right now. Figured why not at that price. Yeah, I still find mugs with infusers to be my first choice for steeping hot tea but this little guy has really changed the way I’ve been doing my cold tea.

Comments

Evol Ving Ness

How do you make an iced latte?

Fjellrev

I know people like to still froth the milk but I don’t care enough.

Evol Ving Ness

Thank you, Fjellrev! It’s all coming together for me now. :)

Helena