drank Lanikai by Lupicia

From the Holiday TTB

I didn’t think I’d get a chance to try the Hawaiian exclusives from Lupicia so this was the first one I decided to try. It’s a fruity black tea, but the fruit flavors are a little muddled, even more so as it cools down. It’s quite dark too, in a coffee kind of way. I guess it reminds me of a fruity coffee? With a slight hit of malt towards the end of the sip. It’s an interesting tea, but not something that tickles my senses overly much. I’m glad I got to try it though.

Dustin

I found a lot of the Hawaii blends to be boring with only a couple winners in the mix. So much potential, so little delivery.

Comments

Dustin

I get easily excited and tend to get into the habit of collecting things I get really really excited about- books, fountain pens, fragrance, tea and any number of things. Mostly I’m just really excitable.

My favorites are oolongs! Also high for me are greens and ripe pu’erh. But I do like most teas and I’ll try most anything at least once. I just don’t like rooibos, smokey, or banana flavored things.

My name is Christina, but there’s also another Christina with a cat as a profile picture, so I go by Flyawaybirdie.

Feel free to drop me a message anytime. I love messages/letters/etc.

NOTE!: My cupboard is not up to date. Not even close. But it does have a bunch of teas I have pretty substantial quantities of, so I put them in there anyways because I’m unlikely to run out soon. Also, if I wrote a note on it and didn’t include a TTB name or a sipdown note, I’m likely to still have some even if it’s not in my cupboard, so feel free to ask if you want to swap!

California, USA