The novelty of “Hey! Look what’s growing on my back porch!” will wear off, but if you can’t tell, we’re having a blast with mint alchemy. Combined my favorite-ever cheapie summer morning strawberry tea with an orange mint stem—-oh, so nice! I sense a big jug of it coming, iced, this weekend.

Christina / BooksandTea

It’s making me jealous, though. Does the mint overwinter well? Can you take the pots inside and have fresh mint throughout the winter?

caile

I think it only overwinters in the ground, although I am still waiting to see if the one I planted survives. I think you can take the pots inside…(but need to water them once in awhile…or they dry out like mine did). ;)

gmathis

This is a new endeavor for us; we tried some peppermint in a flowerbed that didn’t fare very well this spring, but our soil is not very friendly, period.

ashmanra

I am making spearmint tea for the chickens right now!

caile

Lucky chickens! :) Does giving them the tea do something specific or do they just like it?

TeaBrat

I didn’t know chickens liked spearmint tea, that is so cute. :)

Comments

Christina / BooksandTea

gmathis

ashmanra

I am making spearmint tea for the chickens right now!

TeaBrat

I didn’t know chickens liked spearmint tea, that is so cute. :)

Southwest Missouri