Oy, what a week. Teeth-clenching, nonstop work week followed in the evenings by in-law visit (actually that part wasn’t so bad, other than the inability to come home and sit in my Spot and drool).

Our little shabby house doesn’t accommodate company well, so they camped more comfortably at a Hampton Inn, where we lobby-lounged and visited yesterday; this was the available food-service bagged tea. Considering the setting and hot-pot water of indeterminate temperature, it wasn’t bad. Plenty of mint over “something” in the background; there’s supposedly hibiscus, but it wasn’t noticeable. Don’t be scared if this is your only available option.

On the fun side, hubby’s 89-year-old Mema (you need to meet her; she’s so cool) brought me a bagful of vintage jewelry and scarves straight out of Mary Tyler Moore. Remember those shaped polyester neck scarves with a ruffly edge? (Maybe not; I think I have underwear that’s older than some of you :) At any rate, I’m looking forward to playing dress-up to figure out how to wear them.

ashmanra

LOL! I still wear the shirt I was wearing when I met hubby 28 years ago…if your unders are older than that, I want to know what brand they are! And I bet a lot of people on here are younger than my shirt.

gmathis

I think D is still in possession of a black Rush t-shirt circa 1980 that was safe in a storage tub and worn so thin you can see through it. Don’t think it’d even fit one arm…but it’s not going anywhere!

Comments

ashmanra

gmathis