Garage thermometer peaked at 105, but officially it’s a cool and balmy 98 today. Summer has arrived about eight weeks late. So we’re in “anything-as-long-as-it-is-COLD” mode. As I am the owner of the last two boxes in local existence of these bags, I am budgeting them carefully, but this makes the best unsweetened, cold-steeped fridge tea in the world. Stuck a quart in the fridge to wet my whistle after a dusty drive to the farm. The weeds along the road to Dad’s house are white with a quarter-inch coating of road dust that looks like mocha frost.

Wish I’d tried the lemon and (hmm..was it?) black raspberry versions of this when the indie grocery was stocking it.

Sounds tasty

gmathis

I hope you’re talking about the tea and not the mocha frost dust ;)

Nicole

:) No, I am familiar with that mocha frost dust and it isn’t anything nice. :)

K S

Is this company still in business? I’ve never seen it locally. I thought I would eventually find a box to torment you with… I mean to share with you, yeah, that’s the ticket. Sad when a favorite disappears.

gmathis

I’ve noodled around a little online without much success. (We don’t do a lot of e-commerce; I just want things to magically appear at the store!)

gmathis

(Slight amendment) Poked around a little more. It’s available on Amazon, just kind of pricey.

K S

Yeah at $0.40/bag it kind of loses its appeal.

gmathis

Cheap was one of its best selling points.

Comments

Nicole

Sounds tasty

gmathis

I hope you’re talking about the tea and not the mocha frost dust ;)

Nicole

:) No, I am familiar with that mocha frost dust and it isn’t anything nice. :)

K S

Yeah at $0.40/bag it kind of loses its appeal.

gmathis

Cheap was one of its best selling points.

Southwest Missouri