The search for a superlative decaffeinated black tea continues. This is fair-to-middlin’, but I’m beginning to think that middlin’ is as good as it’s going to get. This one gains a little strength as it cools and is a little astringent. I guess decaffeinating just sucks out flavor, no matter how conscientiously it’s done.

tea-sipper

The decaf options from Simpson & Vail are pretty good and there are plenty of options.

Unflavored?

plenty of both! flavored and non. svtea.com

Will check it out!

ashmanra

Can’t remember – did you try Decaffeinated from Harney and Decaf Ceylon Orange Pekoe from Southern Season? Those two have the most flavor of a plain decaf for me. Vanilla Comoro is good, and I hear Decaf Paris and Decaf Hot Cinnamon from Harney are good, and they would be if they are using the same plain base.

gmathis

Love Vanilla Comoro; haven’t tried the other H&S’s. Research will continue :)

ashmanra

I thought their decaf Darjeeling and one other were dreadful! But those were good! Oh, and Midsummer’s Peach was decaf and QUITE good.

Comments

tea-sipper

Unflavored?

plenty of both! flavored and non. svtea.com

Will check it out!

gmathis

Love Vanilla Comoro; haven’t tried the other H&S’s. Research will continue :)

Southwest Missouri