Soggy, soggy Fourth in Missouri. Fingers crossed that the monsoon will continue through the evening. As posted elsewhere, my apologies to the fireworks lovers, but I have to work tomorrow.

Actually got a little chilled…spent a bit of time at the farm with my dad and sister; he’s 87 with mild dementia, can’t hear a lick; you have to condense your communication to five word sentences and YELL EVERYTHING. Twice. And then drove home in a toad-strangler, threw a windshield wiper blade, got soaked running into a Walmart to buy a replacement so we could see our way home.

So a little warm gentleness was in order to soothe body and soul. Watching a parent fade away isn’t easy. This did the trick. Nice cherry-to-green ratio if you watch your water temperature. The cherry isn’t fake-syrupy. I think I could use another cup.

Evol Ving Ness