Nerts. Don’t you hate it when you lose a whole tasting note? In brief:

Packaging: Adorable. Christmas gift box with two good quality metal steeping baskets and an assortment of teas in test tubes with corks. Corporate gift thoughtfully handed down from an administrator who doesn’t imbibe. A work buddy and I took turns selecting goodies to take home.

Branding: “Fireside Spice” doesn’t show up on the Kansas City Tea website; I’m guessing that it’s a seasonal re-naming for their Oriental Spice black tea, which I’ve pictured with this entry. Anybody familiar with KC Tea?

Tea: Pretty predictable black tea blend with tons of clove and cinnamon, a little orange at the end. Without sweetener or milk, the bottom of the cup got a little bitter. We’ll spruce it up next time and see what happens.

Martin Bednář

That’s why I put my tasting notes into clipboard several times while writing it.

Michelle Butler Hallett

How does it compare to Bigelow’s Constant Comment?

gmathis

Way too much clove to resemble CC. Comes on much stronger.