drank Assam Exotic by Vadham

Birthday surprise from my husband, whose love language is good gifts. Not necessarily pricey ones, but proof that after 34 1/2 years, he knows me better than I do.

I went ahead and made a separate entry for this one, as it’s a sachet rather than loose leaf and makes no mention which-flush-is-which on the packet. The sweet notes come through first—a little fruity; a little like honey-wheat bread. I’m not getting strong malty flavor, but it leaves a little buzz on your tongue after you swallow. Extremely drinkable—my first tumbler is already gone!

derk

Happy Birthday, gmathis :)

Martin Bednář

Happy birthday!
I read it is a gift, but connection didn’t worked in the brain that day…

ashmanra

Oy! Same here! I didn’t connect it fully! Happy birthday to you!

gmathis

That’s OK … my best friends and I have a “two weeks either way, it still counts” rule!

Eelong

Happy birthday, GG! Hope it was a great one. :)

gmathis

Considering the far-from-normal circumstances, I was well cared for—thanks!