drank Grand Himalaya by Palais des Thés

We are involuntary citizens of Chiefs Kingdom. People have gone crazy around here. Therefore, we have taken somewhat perverse pleasure in bucking the trend on this Superbowl Sunday…asked a football-crazy friend, “Oh, is there a game today?”…went to our favorite geek video store after church (not a red Kansas City jersey in the place); got a stack of DVD’s ready for kickoff time… (Apologies to any football fan Steepster friends out there.)

But since “bucking the trend” is today’s theme, Darjeeling it is. Not a variety I often choose, but this sample is in need of a sipdown. This is a nice one. Smooth and silky in the mouth, a tiny bit of fruitiness (not the heavy grape peel I normally associate with Darjeeling), and the prettiest golden-copper color in the cup. Very drinkable without leaving your mouth dry. Good stuff.

Dustin

I don’t do the sports ball fan thing either. One of those cultural things I just don’t get.

derk

Involuntary citizen of 49ers Kingdom. I’ll be grocery shopping during the big game today.

My way of relating to sports fans at work is by asking, “So how was that sportsball game?” People will gladly go on about it, then, realizing I said sportsball, give me a funny look then laugh. It’s a catch-all for any sports season and lets them know I don’t give a flying fig but also like to see them happy talking about what they enjoy :)

gmathis

Occasionally, I’ll land the remote on Whatever Big Game is the Big Deal for 60 seconds so I can truthfully tell my boys, “I watched a teeny bit of the game…” Then again sometimes, I’ll ask them, “Now is that the ball with the pointy ends or the one you hit with a stick?”

ashmanra

I went to a graduation party yesterday and everyone there was saying how they had another party to attend after that one. I said “me, too!” (Which is wild because I am a homebody and rarely go anywhere.) They said, “Oh, you are going to a Super Bowl Party, too?” And I had to admit I didn’t know it was Super Bowl Sunday and was simply taking a gift to my best friend for her birthday.

Comments

Dustin

derk

gmathis

ashmanra

Steepster “geezer;” tea barbarian who has no systematic method for storage, preparation, classification, or rating; lover of strong unleaded builders’ tea. Never quite grew up—I cut and glue, play with Legos, design kids’ curriculum, and play with fifth graders every Sunday.

Southwest Missouri