Roses for the Queen. What a superb idea! I’ve been on one of my Keemun kicks here lately. Whenever that happens I tend to spend a great deal of time at the court of gracious Queen Catherine who benevolently bestows upon me her rich gifts of fine, sweet cocoa and malt. With a deep sense of gratitude I decided to bring her roses, a gift for her unrelenting kindness and grace. She loved them!
Two parts Queen Catherine and one part Harney’s Rose Scented Black was spot on perfect. I used one heaping teaspoon of this blend to eight ounces of 205F water and steeped for three and a half minutes. Just right! Although no additions were needed, a jot of milk and a dash of sugar only enhanced the rosy chocolate treasures of the tea.
The Queen loved my roses so much I’m thinking knighthood here. I see a long and happy future for myself at good Queen Catherine’s rosy court.

“Anyone who has used that comforting phrase ‘a nice cup of tea’ invariably means Indian tea.” – George Orwell

Darjeeling is the tea that inspired me to begin my beautiful journey through the wide world of tea and will always reign supreme in my tea pantry! My first tea love, so to speak. I positively adore a fine Darjeeling – Especially a great muscatel second flush!

Indian tea, in general, is my overall preference. After Darjeeling, Assam tea, especially a fine second flush Assam tea, is a favorite. Winter flush Nilgiri tea is another Indian tea that I quite enjoy.

Apart from Indian tea, I cannot resist a good Keemun or high grown Ceylon tea.
I really love Earl Grey and vanilla flavored tea blends – Must haves in my tea pantry!

Love my herbal teas – Rooibos fanatic!

I prefer to drink organic tea whenever possible.

Richmond, Virginia, USA