I happened upon this one at my local tea shop this afternoon. I’ve been experiencing the GI joys of diverticulitis and recently read that green tea can be helpful for that condition. Green tea seems to be quite the panacea, effective for a multitude of miseries.
What a wonderful medicinal – No spoonful of sugar needed to help this medicine go down!

The dry leaf smell is sweet and mildly floral. As the tea steeps the aroma is very strongly evocative of oolong. The flavor too suggests oolong, along with floral notes of chrysanthemums and wildflower blossoms with a bit of honey. There is a mild vegetal note – Just enough to remind you that it’s a green tea you’re drinking.
I was a little leery about the 190F brewing temperature, but no bitterness. I used 3 generous teaspoonfuls for a 16 ounce pot and steeped for four minutes.

Yunnan Orchid Green is a lovely green tea – One of the very best I’ve had. My tummy feels better already.

Flavors: Flowers, Honey, Sweet, Vegetal

Fjellrev

Wow, 100!

Teatotaler

It really is a glorious green! :)

Comments

Fjellrev

Wow, 100!

Teatotaler

It really is a glorious green! :)

“Anyone who has used that comforting phrase ‘a nice cup of tea’ invariably means Indian tea.” – George Orwell

Darjeeling is the tea that inspired me to begin my beautiful journey through the wide world of tea and will always reign supreme in my tea pantry! My first tea love, so to speak. I positively adore a fine Darjeeling – Especially a great muscatel second flush!

Indian tea, in general, is my overall preference. After Darjeeling, Assam tea, especially a fine second flush Assam tea, is a favorite. Winter flush Nilgiri Frost tea is another Indian tea that I quite enjoy.

Apart from Indian tea, I cannot resist a good Keemun or Yunnan Dian Hong tea.
I really love Earl Grey and vanilla flavored tea blends – Must haves in my tea pantry!

Love my herbal teas – Rooibos fanatic!

I prefer to drink organic tea whenever possible.

Richmond, Virginia, USA