drank Sencha "Omaesama" by Lupicia

Wow, this is a really interesting sencha! I don’t really get the same “nori” taste from Omaesama that I do from a lot of other senchas, but I think it’s really interesting. It might actually become my favorite of the senchas I’ve had from Lupicia, not counting Uji, because Uji is my wife.

It has kind of a thick mouthfeel, and it’s roasted, but kind of lightly sweet, almost. There’s a little bit of a grassy lingering aftertaste, too. Also, Omaesama is probably one of the least astringent senchas I’ve ever had, which I wasn’t expecting given how thick it is—I think it’s thicker than Kirara, honestly, and Kirara had matcha in it. This is honestly one of the neater senchas I’ve tried.

Flavors: Grass, Roasted, Smooth, Sweet, Thick

MJ is 24, plays with arts and crafts and words and meanings, and prefers a side of tea with her lovely rainy days.

I’m a big fan of Japanese greens and of flavored black teas. I will pretty much automatically love anything with popcorn in it, despite not liking actual popcorn, and I’m not a huge fan of chai or jasmine.

I’m really fond of seasonal teas, so I’m likely to give something a try if it’s specifically for spring or fall or what have you.

Shout-out to Zen Tea for keeping me sane and being delicious.

Atlanta