drank Melon White Tea by Lupicia

Hi, this is the anti-cantaloupe girl. I couldn’t rate the Melon oolong because it tasted just like cantaloupe to me. I seriously do not like cantaloupe. I cringed thinking about trying this one, same name different type of tea. To my surprise, I liked this. It’s not too sweet like the Melon oolong and it’s not a cantaloupe flavor but more a honeydew flavor.

The white tea goes very well with the honeydew and there are no sugar crystals in it. This is a clear winner for those who love honeydew and not too shabby for those like me that just don’t like the overwhelming sweetness of a too ripe honeydew but don’t mind the general taste. The second steep there was a slight cantaloupe flavor that snuck in and I may drop down the temperature next time (bitterness in 2nd steep too).

If that makes any sense. ^^

Flavors: Astringent, Cantaloupe, Fruity, Honeydew

190 °F / 87 °C 1 min, 0 sec 5 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA