Nice blend. Not fishy, no dirt taste. Leather and earth taste in the opening few steeps. It’s very mellow, warm, comforting mouth/throat feel. It has dark chocolate and bittersweet notes, and on the 5th it became more milk chocolate and became more creamy, brown sugar notes throughout, still has leather and earth notes. Nice lightly sweet finish.

I think I’ll try it the way it’s suggested which is 30 secs, then add 30 secs next time and see how it changes it as well. I just wanted to extract little by little to see how complex it was.

Yixing gaiwan, 5g, 212F, 110ml, rinse +10s, 15s,20s,25s,30s (am still in the process of drinking this.)

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cocoa, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Leather, Milk, Smooth

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 4 OZ / 110 ML
derk

I think I’m going to dip into my sample of this soon. The last one I got of it a few years ago tasted full of berries to me plus the notes you mentioned. I don’t remember how I prepared it, though.

Kawaii433

Great. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it, derk!

tea-sipper

The name for this is awesome. It tells me I’m pronouncing ‘shu’ correctly. haha

Comments

derk

Kawaii433

Great. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it, derk!

tea-sipper

The name for this is awesome. It tells me I’m pronouncing ‘shu’ correctly. haha

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. Just as long as it doesn’t have any artificial sweetener.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA