This medium baked, medium roasted Da Hong Pao had long dark and glossy brown strips. The wet leaves aroma is just lovely. It smells so good. I don’t want to put the lid down (I smell the lid vs an aroma cup). The roasted aroma, along with slight floral notes, had cinnamon and hints of dark chocolate. The deep orange-red colored liquor had a roasted aroma.

I found it to be a very relaxing tea, comforting as it is soft, smooth, mellow. As you sip it, you can enjoy the smell of the wonderful roasted aroma which significantly adds to the enjoyment of this tea. It has a nice slightly sweet finish. It is not astringent nor bitter throughout the entire 9 steeps.

I really like this blend so much better than their regular Da Hong Pao which is also good. I only had this one sample so I will definitely order more to duplicate this experience. Sometimes with me, its the mood. I loved the flavors, the roasted nuts, dark chocolate, light floral and cinnamon notes. Their blend of Shui Xian and Rou Gui had the orchid-like flavor of Shui Xian and the slight cinnamon aroma of the Rou Gui.

Yixing teapot, 8g, 140ml, 212°F, rinse, 9 steeps, 20s, 25s, 30s, 35s, 40s, 45s, 50s, 55s, 60s

Flavors: Cinnamon, Dark Chocolate, Floral, Roasted nuts, Smooth, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 30 sec 8 g 4 OZ / 130 ML

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. Just as long as it doesn’t have any artificial sweetener.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA