drank 2018 Mini Redheads by White2Tea

Free sample yay. According to White2Tea this is a pressed Dian Hong black tea from Yunnan, made from sun-dried large leaf varietal material, and zero machine processing. Each mini weighs ~7 grams, shaped in a small flat disk (I really like the disks… Surface area). They sell them in singles (unlike the stacks of Smoove cocoa or flapjacks). There is a picture of a redhead on it in a nice dress, the type of dress I’d never wear :P. I live in baggy comfy clothes. lol (To my mother’s dismay lol)

I digress.

Anyway, the dry mini didn’t really have a smell to me. The wet leaves smelled like goji berries, stone fruits, spices. Hardly any tea dust, big leaves. Surprising in a mini. Smoove Cocoa was like that too. On the 4th infusion, the disk opened up, enter sweet molasses aroma and taste, lots of flavor in this tea. The liquor went from light amber to a darker gold-ish orange. It’s very clean, has a creamy thick taste, fruity with berries, stone fruits, and citrus, malt, wood. Clean, floral, and citrus aftertaste. I didn’t really find it astringent nor bitter as many did in the cake. There were lots of honey, molasses, spice notes too. It’s complex and thoroughly enjoyable.

7g, 110ml, rinse, 15 steeps: 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 25s, 30s, 35s, 40s, 45s, 50s, 55s, 60s, 65s,70s, 75s

Flavors: Berries, Citrus, Fruity, Honey, Molasses, Pepper, Spices, Stonefruits

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 110 OZ / 3253 ML
Mastress Alita

I live in that type of clothing too! I wouldn’t be caught dead in dresses or make-up. :-P

Kawaii433

hehe I hear you on the dresses. At most, I’ll wear a maxi skirt with a baggy sweater of course. :D

Comments

Mastress Alita

Kawaii433

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. Just as long as it doesn’t have any artificial sweetener.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA