Now that I got my ability to taste back, reaching for a favorite. Ahhhh… Roasted nuts, fruity, umami, mineral :). So comforting. I felt like I needed the instant calm this tea gives me.

Cha Qi heaven.

I got the bananas this time too, derk, woohoo lol.

Yixing teapot, 5g, 110ml, 212°F, rinse, 8 steeps: rinse, 25s, 35s, 45s(I’m here at the moment), 55s, 65s, 75s, 85s, 120s

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 5 g 4 OZ / 110 ML
derk

May the palate expansion continue! I’m gong to have to try this one.

Kawaii433

Let me know if you want me to send you some with that What-Cha sample you were interested in. :) (I got like 1/10th of what Togo got out of it hehe. I was excited about getting the banana haha)

eastkyteaguy

You’re welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

derk

Kawaii433, I’d love to try it. I have a handful of people to deal tea with when I’m feeling better and you’re one of them :)

Kawaii433

derk, ok :D I’ll probably get 1/10th of yours too (like I did with Togo’s hehe). I’m just always so curious what you all find in each tea. This whole steepster experience has been so enlightening!

Comments

derk

May the palate expansion continue! I’m gong to have to try this one.

eastkyteaguy

You’re welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Kawaii433

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA