Another sample from Cameron B. :D Thank you <3 I am so glad that I got to try this one.

Ahhh, the amanatsu fruit from the Yamaguchi prefecture. I did a lot of world traveling with my parents growing up and we went to Japan a few times. I remember, a little me, saying to someone there “I liked the tangerines back home (America) better because these aren’t sour.” Of course, my parents scolded me for being rude to whoever gave it to me. I still ate lots of them during one summer there. ^^

The aroma of the golden liquor was like a delicate sweet tangerine and vegetal. It was pleasantly surprising to me to smell the latter note so strongly. Unfortunately, they don’t have this on their site anymore (if they do, I can’t find it.) but I think it’s a Taiwan Dong Ding oolong. It was sweet and mellow, with some floral-osmanthus aroma (the floral flavor really came out in the 2nd steep), and a velvety, creamy mouthfeel. It’s different than all the Lupicia samples I’ve tried in that the flavors are so delicate. There was no bitterness, it was slightly astringent on the second infusion. It had a good finish with a citrus-tropical fruit aftertaste.

190-200F, 6g, 6 oz, 2 steeps: 2 min, 3min

Flavors: Butter, Citrus, Citrus Zest, Creamy, Floral, Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Vegetal

190 °F / 87 °C 2 min, 0 sec 6 g 6 OZ / 177 ML
Cameron B.

This one was only available in the summer.

Kawaii433

Thanks :)

Comments

Cameron B.

This one was only available in the summer.

Kawaii433

Thanks :)

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA