drank Ratatam by Lupicia

Edited and updated: I tried this a couple of days after Cameron B. wrote a review on it. I didn’t take notes but I agree that I couldn’t taste much, if any, vanilla in it. I recently had the sipdown of this. It was better than I remembered. It had malt notes, a little dried fried taste, chestnut notes too. I tried it cold brew and it’s way better that way. As Cameron wrote, I wouldn’t classify it as vanilla. It’s better than their “Vanilla” although there are no vanilla notes. Their Vanilla is far too artificial tasting while this one is not.

Flavors: Chestnut, Dried Fruit, Malt, Raisins

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
tea-sipper

Yeah, I’ll be interested to know if their Vanilla tea actually tastes like vanilla. I tried this one recently and even though I SEE the vanilla pieces, I’m not TASTING vanilla. hmm. Also, I’m gleefully awaiting your package which says it will arrive tomorrow. :D Thanks again for that!

Kawaii433

Yay :D glad it’ll be there soon! I’ll let you know about the Vanilla. I weighed some out to have tonight so I’ll let you all know my thoughts. :) Just finishing up the Grape Green to compare to the Muscat. ^^

Kawaii433

I had a quick cup of their Vanilla… Not so much vanilla >.<. At least to me. More than Ratatam though but not by much. I’ll try again soon.

Hmm. what the heck is up with their flavorless vanilla teas. :/

Comments

tea-sipper

Hmm. what the heck is up with their flavorless vanilla teas. :/

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. Just as long as it doesn’t have any artificial sweetener.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA