The dry leaves were a mixture of dark and green long leaves, kind of looks like something you’d run into while snorkeling off an island, floating in the sea. It smells of super fresh hay… Like when you go down to the horse stables in the early morning to feed them. The aroma brings back good memories. It’s a vivid aroma. I still can’t say that it’s an aroma that makes me go yum, I’m sure horses think differently hehe. It is an aroma that brings back some precious youth memories, lost youth. The wet leaves added so many more different aromas: Wintergreen, mints in general, flowers, fruits, anise, grass, licorice. As the infusions continued, the mint became more pronounced. There were also sweet cherry notes, subtle peach, cinnamon, and spices, cocoa, malt, roasted yams, honey sweetness notes. Delicate flavors but complex. I wish I wasn’t the only one who reviewed this because I’m sure there is so much more… Just like I think that different temperatures and different tea prep would change this tea as well. It is a medium bodied tea, satisfying with many different notes and aromas but licorice and mint were always there. It never got bitter nor astringent and it has a long minty-cooling finish. I’m not into mint teas but this is very good because of the complexity.

Gaiwan, 7g, 194°F, 110ml, rinse, 9 steeps: 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 25s, 35s, 45s, 55s, 1m5s

Flavors: Anise, Camphor, Cherry, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Grass, Hay, Honey, Licorice, Malt, Menthol, Mint, Spices, Stonefruits, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA