Yesterday was a YS Dan Cong day. I drank the following teas:
Honey Orchid “Mi Lan Xiang” Dan Cong Oolong Tea * Spring 2018
Winter 2018 “Snowflake Duck Shit Aroma” Dan Cong Oolong Tea
Wu Dong Chou Shi Dan Cong Oolong tea * Spring 2018
Classic “Mi Lan Xiang” Dan Cong Oolong Tea * Spring 2018

Yixing teapot, 6g, temperature varied, rinse, 13 steeps, 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 25s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 1m, 1m30s, 2m, 2m30s, 3m

Wu Dong Chou Shi was my favorite of all of them. For one, I’ve never had such a green Dan Cong before. Togo wrote a great review on it. It was reminiscent of a great TGY in that it was very green, grassy, fruity, some floral but not perfumey as the other Dan Congs. It was a nice thick, creamy, viscous mouth and throat feel with a sweet aftertaste. Like TGY it had some sour notes but it was subtle and delicate.

I’m seriously falling behind writing reviews but I’ll try to catch up. I have a lot of each so when I revisit them, I think that’ll be a good time to do it.

Flavors: Floral, Fruity, Grass, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet, Vegetal

6 g 4 OZ / 130 ML

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. Just as long as it doesn’t have any artificial sweetener.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA