Thank you Derk for this great Da Hong Pao. I began loving Jin Xuan right away but now I think I prefer a good Da Hong Pao these days. Not sure though, it’s just been a while since I drank the former. I’m fickle. I just love good tea. This is a good tea, and it’s also been sold out so I’m glad that Derk sent me this sample off my wishlist!

The texture is nice, very smooth and thick as described. I prepared it as their website suggested. I should’ve done gongfu style to get a full flavor profile but either way, it’s a good one. I’ve been distracted by work and have missed some timed infusions so hence my choice for longer infusions. I did three steeps: 3m, 4m, and 5m.

It is heavily and heavenly roasted :) and it has such a wonderful sweet roasted and minerally taste along with fruits and nuts. Lately, I prefer heavily roasted teas over green teas and this was just right… Not smoky nor campfire-like but perfectly roasted and toasted.

Flavors: Fruity, Mineral, Roasted, Roasted nuts, Smooth, Toasty

6 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

yw, Kawaii

Kawaii433

Derk, did you have a good time the other day?

derk

Yes! I left a comment on one of your other tasting notes :)

Comments

derk

yw, Kawaii

Kawaii433

Derk, did you have a good time the other day?

derk

Yes! I left a comment on one of your other tasting notes :)

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. Just as long as it doesn’t have any artificial sweetener.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA