drank 2017 Turtle Dove by White2Tea

Got a free sample of this :D and it came in a cute little mini disk, approximately 8g. I got the 2018 version.

I’m not the biggest fan of white tea so take that into consideration. In the beginning, it tasted like a very light sheng with typical stonefruit notes, mainly apricot along with floral notes, and some hay. As I progressed through the infusions, it got almost too sweet for me, a honey sweet finish. At the end of the infusions, it became somewhat malty, can taste the minerals, some marine but it also became bitter.

Porcelain gaiwan, 8g, 110ml, 185F, 10 steeps, rinse, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 1m, 1m15s, 1m30s, 2m

Flavors: Apricot, Hay, Honey, Malt, Marine, Mineral, Stonefruits, Sweet

185 °F / 85 °C 0 min, 15 sec 8 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA