drank Decadence! by 52teas

The dried leaves had an aroma of a yummy dark chocolate bar. One of the strongest I’ve ever smelled. I wondered if it would transfer to taste because so often the chocolate falls flat or gets lost. Well, at least with the ones I’ve tried. It didn’t. The dark chocolate notes were on the forefront, along with some milky/creamy notes. Not really bittersweet either but definitely not milk chocolate. The sweetness is of caramel not honey and unlike the stevia overload of some flavored teas, this was just right for me. I believe the sweetness is coming from the cacao nibs. Not sure. I don’t see stevia listed in the ingredients. The golden bi luo chun notes were there as well: Sweet potatoes, brown sugar, bread, malt. Super soft mouth feeling, nice aftertaste. Highly recommended. It is a very nice dessert tea.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Caramel, Cream, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Malt, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
52Teas

I never put stevia in my teas. I hate the stuff.

Kawaii433

@52Teas Me too… And that’s great news. ^^

ashmanra

That’s good to hear. I bought a tea once that had stevia in it and ended up with a three day stomach ache. I was so bloated. I thought it surely could not have been the tea, so I tried the tea again a week or two later. It was the tea, and stevia was the only ingredient I hadn’t had before.

52Teas

I just have never really liked stevia. It doesn’t affect me adversely except that I’m adverse to the flavor of it – it has a really funky sweetness to it that doesn’t taste like sugar to me. The only real sweeteners I’ve ever had in teas are the occasional candy sprinkles (and really, they don’t add a lot of sweetness at all) or if I happen to use candied ginger (for things like gingerbread) or candy cane or something like that – and I have used candied pineapple once or twice – but it’s all usually what constitutes a very small amount of sugar in each cup – I am a strong believer that people should decide whether or not they want to sweeten their own cup!

ashmanra

I agree, 52teas! I just had a tea with monkfruit. I gave the rest away, it was weirdly funky.

stevia sucks so bad. the taste is just gross

Please keep things friendly and .

Comments

52Teas

I never put stevia in my teas. I hate the stuff.

Kawaii433

@52Teas Me too… And that’s great news. ^^

stevia sucks so bad. the taste is just gross

Please keep things friendly and .

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. Just as long as it doesn’t have any artificial sweetener.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA