I have quite a bit of different Dan Cong tea from Yunnan Sourcing. After trying most of them, and other vendors as well… I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not the vendor but Dan Cong tea just isn’t for me. It’s far too flowery, perfumey-like for me. So please note that in my rating. You may find it to be a 95 if you love Dan Cong oolong. ^^

Setting that aside, hehe, the tea has large leaves that have a roasted aroma. The liquor is a deep clear brown with the aroma of stonefruits, honey. It has a thick mouthfeel, rich flavor, fruity with hints of stonefruits (peach, apricot) and apple notes. It’s quite flowery, has roasted seeds notes with notes of the sweetness of honey. There is a very long lingering taste of orchid at the end, a floral finish.

6g, 212℉, 110ml, 8 steeps: rinse, 10s, 15s, 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s, 90s, 120s

Stay safe out there!

Flavors: Floral, Flowers, Fruit Tree Flowers, Fruity, Honey, Peach, Perfume, Stonefruits

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 6 g 4 OZ / 110 ML

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA