Confession time: I love Dreamsicles. I love orange sherbet, gelato, sorbet. I love clementines. So I was predisposed to either love this guayusa like crazy, or hate it for not living up to my expectations.

I LOVE IT. This was my first try at a guayusa and my first Butiki Tea. I just received the order today and had had a good whiff of it (ok, fine, I practically shoved half the bag up my nose) when my girlfriend asked me to make her some tea. What kind? I ask. Something good, she says. So I decide to make this.

Oh, the taste. It’s amazing. The tangerine flavor is so real. It’s juicy and fruity yet not overwhelming. The creaminess in the background is just enough. Some teas with a creamy mouthfeel leave your tongue and palate feeling sort of coated. Not this tea. It’s only refreshing. There is a slight earthiness from the guayusa. It’s all good. This will have a permanent home in my pantry!

44-year-old empty nester, mother of one 21-year-old young man who is a senior at UW-Madison. I live in Two Rivers, Wisconsin, near Lake Michigan. I love to read, embroider, play my ukulele, and drink tea, of course!

I have written 100 reviews over the years. One thing that’s changed is that I used to put two packages of Splenda in an 8-oz. cup of tea. Now I wonder how I even tasted the tea. I’m down to about 1/2 to 1 packet of Stevia per full mug.

About my cupboard—I have listed every tea that I have 1 oz. or more. Most teas I have about 3-4 oz. Feel free to ask for a trade. I love to trade! I will warn you now that sometimes I’m a slow mailer so you shouldn’t send me your part of the trade until you’ve gotten your package from me. I won’t be offended!

TEA LIKES: Blacks, Greens, Whites, and these flavors: Berry, nut, coconut, spice, sweet, crème, pineapple, citrus, cranberry, mint, marshmallow, vanilla…

TEA DISLIKES: Strong bergamot, sour, tangy, tart, earthy, pu erh, strong oolongs (they smell like manure to me), Jasmine, floral, smoky, hibiscus, rooibos…

Two Rivers, WI