drank Monsieur by Lupicia

Weekend Sample Sipdown #2: This Is Going To Be A Long Year.

Yet another sample from a lovely and generous tea trader, and I don’t know who it was. I’m going to start labeling my samples so I can properly credit swappers in my reviews.

On to the tea. I didn’t look it up before I drank it, and I couldn’t tell what the flavor was supposed to be. I kind of got raisin/strawberryish, not very strong though, and a little almond. Imagine my surprise when I finally looked it up and saw that it was blueberry vanilla! Yes, now I see when it is really hot, I get the vanilla, and as it cools off the blueberry comes out a little bit. It’s fine.

It’s also discontinued, so even if I had fallen in love with it, I couldn’t have any more anyway. So it’s all for the best!

44-year-old empty nester, mother of one 21-year-old young man who is a senior at UW-Madison. I live in Two Rivers, Wisconsin, near Lake Michigan. I love to read, embroider, play my ukulele, and drink tea, of course!

I have written 100 reviews over the years. One thing that’s changed is that I used to put two packages of Splenda in an 8-oz. cup of tea. Now I wonder how I even tasted the tea. I’m down to about 1/2 to 1 packet of Stevia per full mug.

About my cupboard—I have listed every tea that I have 1 oz. or more. Most teas I have about 3-4 oz. Feel free to ask for a trade. I love to trade! I will warn you now that sometimes I’m a slow mailer so you shouldn’t send me your part of the trade until you’ve gotten your package from me. I won’t be offended!

TEA LIKES: Blacks, Greens, Whites, and these flavors: Berry, nut, coconut, spice, sweet, crème, pineapple, citrus, cranberry, mint, marshmallow, vanilla…

TEA DISLIKES: Strong bergamot, sour, tangy, tart, earthy, pu erh, strong oolongs (they smell like manure to me), Jasmine, floral, smoky, hibiscus, rooibos…

Two Rivers, WI