I normally don’t like orange flavoring in tea but is this is a very nice blend as far as flavored teas go. While it does have a citrus kitchen cleaner like smell, the floral orange taste is subtle and natural. The tea starts off citrusy and slight sour before transitioning to an orange blossom honey like sweetness. It reminds me of an earl grey with its bergamot like flavor and dried orange flowers sprinkled throughout the tea leaves. I grandpa steeped this using slightly less than a gram of tea in an 8 oz glass.

Flavors: Flowers, Orange, Orange Blossom

205 °F / 96 °C 1 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

Fell into tea years ago, and for a long time my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a few years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

With the exception of a handful of lightly scented teas, I drink mostly straight tea. I love fresh green and floral flavors and as such, green tea and Taiwanese oolongs will always have a place in my cupboard. After avoiding black tea forever, Chinese blacks are beginning to grow on me. I’ve dipped my toe into a few puerhs now but it’s still relatively new territory for me. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes but reach for them less frequently.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking, reading, nature, MMA, traveling when I can, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/melucky