drank Laoshan Goji Leaf by Verdant Tea

Bleh, really wanted to like this tea but I could barely stomach it. I don’t know what Goji leaf is supposed to taste like – goji berries are the only goji food I’ve ever had – but this smelled and tasted like overcooked vegetables. I didn’t get any of the honey, biscuit, or fruity notes that Verdant described. My significant other though liked it better and remarked that it tasted like cauliflower to her. I guess it comes down to individual taste preferences, but this one has a weird vegetal taste that doesn’t jive with me.

Flavors: Vegetables

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 0 sec 2 g 5 OZ / 160 ML
derk

Heh, I liked it but it is very strange, very veg.

LuckyMe

Yeah, this was a real vegetal wallop…tasted like straight up raw vegetables.

Comments

derk

Heh, I liked it but it is very strange, very veg.

LuckyMe

Yeah, this was a real vegetal wallop…tasted like straight up raw vegetables.

95 to 100: Top shelf stuff. Loved this tea and highly recommend it

90 to 94: Excellent. Enjoyed this tea and would likely repurchase

80 to 89: Good but not great. I liked it though it may be lacking in some aspects. I’ll finish it but probably won’t buy

70 to 79: Average at best. Not terrible but wouldn’t willingly drink again

60 to 69: Sub-par. Low quality tea, barely palatable

59 and below: Bleh

Fell into tea years ago, and for a long time my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a few years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

With the exception of a handful of lightly scented teas, I drink mostly straight tea. I love fresh green and floral flavors and as such, green tea and Taiwanese oolongs will always have a place in my cupboard. After avoiding black tea forever, Chinese blacks are beginning to grow on me. I’ve dipped my toe into a few puerhs now but it’s still relatively new territory for me. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes but reach for them less frequently.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking, reading, nature, MMA, traveling when I can, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/melucky