Ah, good old reliable Laoshan tea. My default Chinese green tea because it’s always delicious and satisfying.

Familiar but intensely sweet aromas of edamame, fennel, and snap pea waft out upon opening the pouch. Creamed spinach appears as its placed in a heated shibo. The aromas come through nicely in the taste along with a toasted oats. This is followed by notes of green bean, sweet pea, and lemongrass in resteeps.

Although last year’s harvest had a little more oomph, this years Laoshan green tea once again exhibits many of the excellent qualities I love about this tea. A perennial buy for sure.

Flavors: Garden Peas, Lemongrass, Oats, Soybean

180 °F / 82 °C 0 min, 30 sec 2 g 3 OZ / 100 ML
Ubacat

I recently got my spring teas order from YS but didn’t get this one. I got a small amount of the competition grade one but still plan on getting some of this too.

LuckyMe

I got the competition grade too and am going to dive into it next. I ended up putting most of this tea in the fridge so I can focus my attention on the more interesting greens.

Ubacat

I didn’t get good results last year when I refrigerated some of my greens. I think they do best when I leave them where I got them. It helps sealing them up in a bag that doesn’t get opened as much and keeping a smaller amount out. I keep them in a dark cupboard in a back room that’s a bit cool.

Comments

Ubacat

LuckyMe

Ubacat

Fell into tea years ago, and for a long time my experience was limited to Japanese greens and a few flavored teas. My tea epiphany came a few years ago when I discovered jade oolongs. That was the gateway drug to the world of fine tea and teaware.

With the exception of a handful of lightly scented teas, I drink mostly straight tea. I love fresh green and floral flavors and as such, green tea and Taiwanese oolongs will always have a place in my cupboard. After avoiding black tea forever, Chinese blacks are beginning to grow on me. I’ve dipped my toe into a few puerhs now but it’s still relatively new territory for me. I also enjoy white tea and tisanes but reach for them less frequently.

Other non-tea interests include: cooking, reading, nature, MMA, traveling when I can, and of course putzing around on the interwebs.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/melucky