drank Passion by Tazo

update 5/2: found a small stash and drank through them and now i can say I find this revolting. Not sure what flipped the switch, but I don’t want this stuff ever again.

my school stopped stocking this but I used to like to brew this for the color alone. It’s a very pretty dark wine-like color. Smells okay. Taste-wise, all I can pick out is that it’s just sour and sometimes I’d be in the mood for it. But previously for a free school provided tea, whatever. Would I purchase it on my own though? probably not.

3.25/5

side note: For these teas, I’m not sure why they always say boiling water and 5 min steep because taste/appearance-wise to me, there was never difference whether I used 180F or 210F water, or whether I steeped for 5 min. or 2 min. Because the particles are so small, it steeps almost immediately anyway, which is pretty obvious as soon as you pour the water on top.

while this site is mostly inactive, the organization and formatting is convenient to add notes without the hassle of making a blog. And yes, people do leave reviews elsewhere, but it’s convenient to have them all clustered in one place when you’re purchasing or deciding to purchase something. While tastes vary from person to person, hobbies tend to be universally expensive and time consuming, and tea is no exception. Learning as it relates to perception is largely individual and thus these reviews represent my own experience, but also are my small contribution to reducing inefficient blind buys (ahem, tuition, as it were) universally.

As of 4/21/21, I will no longer assign numerical ratings to a tea unless it is terrible enough to warrant one. There are a lot of solid teas out there, so it’s hard to differentiate. I prefer reading mildly subjective reviews from others, anyway, over a very subjective numerical rating.