It’s still scorching hot, so the iced teas won’t be ending any time soon! I ordered this really recently during a free shipping sale from TeaSource, one of my favorite companies, so this is actually one of the newest acquisitions to my cupboard. I was especially interested in trying this one out because I thought it would make good iced tea, and I am a bonified hibi-hip iced tea fan!

This one turned out really nice! I was actually surprised that it had such a strong peach flavor with a hibi-hip base, since hibi-hip is a very dominating base flavor, but it does; there is a nice, rich fruity hibiscus base (my favorite for a nice iced tea, as it creates that tangy fruit punch sort of flavor) and then there is just this really succulent sort of sweet, juicy peach taste as a top note layered over the hibi-hip base that works really well. Since fruit herbals take a lot of tea thanks to their chunky size/heavy weight and I tend to order small amounts (2 oz), I may have to stock a larger amount of this soon, as I really enjoy this! It’s very refreshing, just the right balance of sweet and tangy.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Hibiscus, Peach, Sweet, Tangy

Iced 8 min or more 6 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

Hi! I’m Sara, a middle-aged librarian living in the Pacific Northwest, USA. I’m a big ol’ sci-fi/fantasy/anime geek that loves fandom conventions, RuPaul’s Drag Race, coloring books, simulation computer games, and cats. Proud asexual and supporter of the LGBTQ+ community. I’m also a chronic migraineur. As a surprise to no one, I’m a helpless tea addict with a tea collecting and hoarding problem! (It still baffles me how much tea I can cram into my little apartment!) I enjoy trying all sorts of teas… for me tea is a neverending journey!

Favorite Flavors:

I love sampling a wide variety of teas! For me the variety is what makes the hobby of tea sampling so fun! While I enjoy trying all different types of teas (pure teas, blends, tisanes), these are some flavors/ingredients I enjoy:
-Dessert/chocolate/vanilla/caramel/cream/toffee/maple
-Bergamot (in moderation)
-Roasted/nutty
-Tart/tangy/hibiscus/rosehip

Disliked Flavors:

There are not many flavors or ingredients that I don’t like. These include:
-Bananas/banana flavoring
-Smoke-scented teas (lapsang souchong)/heavy smoke flavors (migraine trigger)
-Perfumey teas/extremely heavy floral aromas (migraine trigger)
-Gingko biloba (migraine trigger)
-Chamomile (used in blends as a background note/paired with stronger flavors is okay)
-Grapefruit (used in blends as a background note/paired with stronger flavors is okay)
-Extremely spicy/heated teas
-Plain raspberry leaf (used in blends as a background note/paired with stronger flavors is okay)
-Medicinal flavors
-Metallic flavors
-Overly strong artificial flavorings

With the exception of bananas and migraine triggers, I’ll pretty much try any tea at least once!

My Tea Obsession of the Moment: A sweet tisane right before bed

My Monthly Tea Theme: Autumn Harvest! This month I’ll be focusing on teas from my collection featuring flavors from the fruits, vegetables, nuts, and spices of the bounty of the autumn harvest season!

My Rating Scale:

90-100 – Top tier tea! These teas are among my personal favorites, and typically I like to keep them stocked in my cupboards at all times, if possible!

70-89 – These are teas that I personally found very enjoyable, but I may or may not feel inclined to keep them in stock.

50-69 – Teas that fall in this range I enjoyed, but found either average, lacking in some way, or I’ve had a similar tea that “did it better.”

21-49 – Teas in this range I didn’t enjoy, for one reason or another. I may or may not finish them off, depending on their ranking, and feel no inclination to restock them.

20-1 – Blech! My Tea Hall of Shame. These are the teas that most likely saw the bottom of my garbage can, because I’d feel guilty to pass them onto someone else.

Note that I only journal a tea once, not every time I drink a cup of it. If my opinion of a tea drastically changes since my original review, I will journal the tea again with an updated opinion and change my rating.

New Teas Tried for 2018: 235
Sipdown Count for 2018: 203

Inventory:

My Cupboard on Steepster reflects teas that I have sampled and logged for review, and is not used as an inventory for teas I currently own at the present moment. An accurate and up-to-date listing of my current tea inventory can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AvGT1XwgJUTErt3zhjpHbXf6HNS3k_Ym85zoHJPmhX4/edit?usp=sharing . A downloadable spreadsheet version with more detailed information can be acquired here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D2J0sUMNItRsf0jBRBR6XDFUimm60f0o/view?usp=sharing . If you are interested in tea exchanges (USA only, please), feel free to contact me!

Idaho, United States