Holiday Tea-son! Fourth tea from my advent calendar. This is not one of B&B’s matcha’s I’ve had the chance to try yet, so I’m happy to get a sample. I mixed the matcha in 100ml 175F water in my frother, moved it to a mug, then mixed 200ml vanilla almond milk on the warm setting in my frother. It smells nice… like sweet gingersnap cookies.

It’s very sweet. I’m getting a lot of nutmeg and cinnamon spice notes that are very forward in the cup, with a sugary, graham cracker crust sort of flavor overall. It’s very creamy, and the spice lingers on the tongue with a pleasant warmth, but doesn’t cause any unpleasant heat. I like it, but then, I like flavored matcha. I don’t taste any of the base matcha, though; the grassiness is pretty much muted under the flavors here, so if you don’t like that, you aren’t going to enjoy this one.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cookie, Graham, Nutmeg, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 1 g 10 OZ / 300 ML
Cameron B.

Bird & Blend’s base matcha is quite weak IMO. So all of the flavored matchas I’ve tried from them have been a similar experience with no matcha flavor at all.

But I’m glad you enjoyed it anyway! ❤

Mastress Alita

I don’t really mind whether I taste the grass or not… usually what gets me is if the grassy taste is a bitter vegetal taste, which is why I can’t drink matcha straight, I have to always drink it as a latte (is a wuss). Not that I wouldn’t mind if it was in there more, but I’m okay with fun flavors once in a while, too. Mostly the reason I don’t get them (other than sampler packs) is the steep price tag for a 30g pot/shipping.

Cameron B.

That’s true, I should be happy that I’m not loving their base as their matcha is quite pricey, and the shipping equally expensive…

Comments

Cameron B.

But I’m glad you enjoyed it anyway! ❤