A review of Alishan Oolong Tea by Nuvola Tea

Region: Taipei Taiwan
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Plucking Season:
Liquor Color: light yellow
Leaf Characteristics: The tea leaves when brewed became plump and supple with a buttery taste to the wet leaves.

Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

Note: I emptied the sample packet into my tea mug and pour the boiling water, leaving it to steep for five minutes. I like watching how fully the leaves plump while brewing and when I place the cover on my mug the leaves were able to fully steam/as if cooking so that when I remove the cover, I am met with this green/veggie like aroma; smelling so much like broccoli. As I taste the tea it is sweet and buttery like, there is absolutely no astringency to this oolong tea.

This Alishan Oolong is a floral bouquet with a smooth buttery finish of a taste when swallowed. I was able to have multiple infusions with this sample. I drink it first alone and later during the day with my diner, some Udon Noodles and it made for a very enjoyable meal since I felt like I was in a restaurant where they keep refilling your tea pot with oolong tea or something similarly.

Thank you Nuvola Tea for sending me a sample of this Alishan Oolong, it is quite nice, just as I remember. I had some of Fong Mong’s Alishan earlier this summer as well; they are both lovely teas that I have enjoyed with a full meal.

I like to drink tea less so than when I was aptly reviewing teas. I find that I like less and less of things as I age. I am a somber spirit who prays daily to not be at all. Thank you Steepster for all that you do to enrich tea drinkers.

Leominster, MA