A review of Indar Tea by Indar – Compagnie Coloniale

I am finishing this special blend of Ceylon, Assam, and Darjeeling tea. I take the tea bag and put it in my cup and adding some tap water to my cup, I put the cup in microwave for two minutes after which time I remove it from microwave and put the saucer over my cup and leave it to steep.

I am not a big fan of black tea, and I was told that I should drink more of this; anyhow, anyhow, I take my tea over by the window and as I stare and sip while I take in the tea’s aroma. It is roast and robust in scent and tea’s aroma is darkish amber. A dark red, not quite malt and when tasted I am reminded of roasted chestnuts or so I imagine. This is quite a stretch. Tea is full bodied and smooth finish when I swallow and slight drying effect to it perhaps because of the malty taste.

I did not add cream or sugar as I am having it plainly. Tea has no astringency; it is simply a nice cup of tea with a lovely color with a woodsy/toasty aroma with a smooth finish leaving no after taste. Over time I think I have learned to appreciate this mixture. I wish I could be a better describer/reviewer for such a tea since I feel inept.

gmathis

I think you did a great job of describing it. As an Assam lover, it sounds downright tasty!

Nicole

An excellent description. I can imagine it quite clearly.

Comments

gmathis

Nicole

An excellent description. I can imagine it quite clearly.

I like to drink tea less so than when I was aptly reviewing teas. I find that I like less and less of things as I age. I am a somber spirit who prays daily to not be at all. Thank you Steepster for all that you do to enrich tea drinkers.

Leominster, MA