A review of Anti Strain by Zen Tea life

Tea Type/Varietal: herb
Region: India
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Liquor Color: light yellow
Leaf Characteristics: the leaves and coloring appears to be a bright green-yellow mixture with bits of cinnamon pieces, ginger pieces, fennel, orange peels and plenty of licorice roots.

Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I am finishing off some teas that I found from earlier on in the year. This one is an Ayurveda herbal tea made to help ease off the days stress and I so need it. I take the remainder of this tea and put it in my tea cup and adding some freshly drawn tap water to my cup I put it in the microwave for two minutes and left to steep a few minutes more; about five minutes total.

Tea’ aroma is lovely fruity and herbal aroma with the cinnamon and ginger roots with the orange peels kicking and biting at ones’ nostrils. As I sip of this tea, the licorice flavoring is very strong, making this tea too sweet for me. I don’t like licorice so this is not as enjoyable a cup of tea for me. I had forgotten about the headiness of the licorice roots. Other wise this tea should be most enjoyable for those favoring herbal / Ayurveda teas.

2nd Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

I tried to have more steeps of this tea to try and unfortunately the licorice roots is still the major top note for this tea; drowning the other flavorings all together. I insist that it is because I do not like licorice and others liking herbal/Ayurveda teas will love, love this tea.

I like to drink tea less so than when I was aptly reviewing teas. I find that I like less and less of things as I age. I am a somber spirit who prays daily to not be at all. Thank you Steepster for all that you do to enrich tea drinkers.

Leominster, MA