A Review of Afternoon Tea by Lupicia

I took the only tea bag that I have of this tea and put this in my mug and adding the boiled water to it, I cover it to let it steep for several minutes.

I am fixing this tea first thing in the morning; it is one of those grey morning with light showers out of doors. I remove the cover from tea cup to be met with a darkly reddish cup of robust tea. It smells very dry and somewhat smoky.

I am reminded as I take sip after sip of this tea that this tea is a combination of Darjeeling and full bodied Assam tea. So this tea is both floral, brightly colored tea with a wonderful freshness to it.

Tea’s color is like that Port wine with slight drying effect when swallowing; it is crisp as well liken to an apple with no tart since tea has that dry malt taste. It is an acquired taste.

I must say that it has been a while since having a tea of this proportion and I am reminded how at times I can enjoy a darkly roasted cup of tea. This tea would be nicely met with cream and sugar or milk and sugar and served very hot.
-———————

Overall tasting notes: malt like tea with a robust tasting to it; a fine liquor that is light in body with a strong character in the cup.

Tea’s color is portly; mild rose/red liquor

Taste: smooth with a drying effect when swallowed

I like to drink tea less so than when I was aptly reviewing teas. I find that I like less and less of things as I age. I am a somber spirit who prays daily to not be at all. Thank you Steepster for all that you do to enrich tea drinkers.

Leominster, MA