drank Anniversary Blend by Harney & Sons

Sooo… I’m pretty sure at this point that Ceylons are not my thing, even blended with Assam, which is my thing. This is a good blend, but I need to try it with a lower temp/less time/something different. Straight, no milk or sugar, it was a little more bitter than I enjoy. With a dash of cream it mellowed out quite a bit, though. Sugar was not needed but not a bad addition.

As you may have noticed, I have been drinking more cream and sugar with my teas lately. I’ve been doing them all in pots, trying one cup without any additions, one with sugar, one with cream, one with both and then the rest the way I like best. This one ended up being finished up with a splash of cream in the remaining cups.

I got a whole lot of this one and I don’t remember what I was thinking at the time… It’s undoubtedly drinkable, so it won’t be wasted, but if anyone wants a sample, I have plenty to share!

gmathis

I used to do my pots in reverse order: first one with cream and additives,then strengthening up the cup till it could stand on its own.

Comments

gmathis

Tea afficionado & founder of the Midwest Tea Festival. I wish I could make a living creating and serving tea parties, but alas, bills prevent that possibility. :) So I make do by catering tea parties for friends and co-workers and drinking tons of tea with my cats on my lap. :)

Kansas City, MO