Hm. Thought I had not only put this in the cupboard back in October, but also thought I had reviewed it. Ah well. :)

I have this in sachet form. I packed up a couple to take along with me for being a tea snob at restaurants. :) I used one this morning at breakfast. It steeped up decently, despite a water temperature that was too low by far.

I’ll review based on both previous experience and this morning. This is an okay tea. It’s more of a blunt instrument than other Yunnans that I have become addicted to over the last year. Earthy, some malt, some dust. A few of the rough edges are knocked off when steeped in a lower temperature water. It’s better than the normal bagged offerings in restaurants but nothing I’ll restock when I have others that I enjoy far more.

Water temperature at home: 205F-ish; at the restaurant best guess is 160F.

Tea afficionado & founder of the Midwest Tea Festival. I wish I could make a living creating and serving tea parties, but alas, bills prevent that possibility. :) So I make do by catering tea parties for friends and co-workers and drinking tons of tea with my cats on my lap. :)

Kansas City, MO