Wow. What I get from this is a whole heaping mouthful of cocoa and some fruit. Mainly cocoa though. Like Sil noted, maybe something that might read as smoke hovering around. I like these a lot.

Used 2 pearls in a 6 oz pot. Let steep as I sipped. I think 3-4 minutes was the range where the pearls were fully opened and I started to get more than a lightly flavored hot water. :) Went up through about 7 minutes and while it cooled off, it didn’t turn bitter.

looseTman

Sweetened, unsweetened, or bittersweet cocoa?

Nicole

unsweetened, not at all bitter

Cool, thanks!

Dexter

See now this is why I’m in trouble – dragon pearl black is another area that I haven’t really explored that much – this sounds like something I should look into… :))

Comments

looseTman

Sweetened, unsweetened, or bittersweet cocoa?

Nicole

unsweetened, not at all bitter

Cool, thanks!

Dexter

Tea afficionado & founder of the Midwest Tea Festival. I wish I could make a living creating and serving tea parties, but alas, bills prevent that possibility. :) So I make do by catering tea parties for friends and co-workers and drinking tons of tea with my cats on my lap. :)

Kansas City, MO