drank Minted Monkey by Tippy's Tea

Yes. This is either an After Eight mint (of which I can eat whole boxes at a time) or a minty chocolate cookie that I have a recipe for… I’m leaning more on the cookie side as there is a slightly baked good note in the scent. This is a well balanced blend. Unsweetened cocoa and mint and the vanilla smooths out the edges of both of the other flavors. Sometimes those two can be sharp on the tongue.

I was careful with steeping per instructions for this first time. I think I’ll add a bit more leaf next time since I tend to like my Golden Monkey teas slightly overleafed. But for this one, it was 1 1/2 teaspoons per 8 ounces spring water @ 200F for 3 minutes.

TeaNecromancer

this sounds so yummy!

Maddy Barone

This is a new favorite of mine. I got a sample with my Tippy’s order and I wish I would have ordered 50 grams of this.

Comments

TeaNecromancer

this sounds so yummy!

Maddy Barone

Tea afficionado & founder of the Midwest Tea Festival. I wish I could make a living creating and serving tea parties, but alas, bills prevent that possibility. :) So I make do by catering tea parties for friends and co-workers and drinking tons of tea with my cats on my lap. :)

Kansas City, MO