drank Monk's Blend by DAVIDsTEA

Very light and creamy in taste. The jasmine green tea pearls are not a predominant flavour, I might add some Butterfly Jasmine to this one next time (also to preserve my dwindling stash). I find the milk oolong is the predominant flavour and smell, with the white tea sort of mellowing the entire experience.

I typically do not love oolong tea, so the first time I drank this I was pleasantly surprised at how the tea seemed to maintain its delicacy even with such a large amount of oolong in it. This is the perfect morning cup of tea for me in the warmer months, as I often can not stomach a bold black tea on hot mornings. I prefer this tea with a short steep time and low temperature water to maintain its delicacy, when it’s steeped over three minutes I’ve found the oolong flavour can become much too strong.

Flavors: Cream, Grain, Jasmine, Smooth

Law student from Alberta, Canada with a passion for all things tea after quitting coffee. Currently drinking primarily DAVIDsTEA blends due to proximity and convenience, but open to expanding my tea-rizons in the near future.

LIKES
Apple, caramel, vanilla, rooibos, jasmine tea, malty black teas, sweet blackberry leaves, guayusa, white tea, peach, strawberry, creaminess, raspberry leaves, Chinese teas, anything smooth and creamy!!!

DISLIKES
Vegetal green teas, astringency, ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, hibiscus, pear, chamomile, alcoholic notes. I prefer teas that don’t contain dairy or artificial flavouring (which begs the question why 90% of my blends come from DAVIDsTEA, the king of artificial flavouring in the tea world). That being said, I’ll drink almost anything at least once.

RATING SYSTEM
0-20: I cannot get through a cup of this, it will be given away/thrown out.
20-40: Tolerable. Will definitely not repurchase.
40-60: Average. Will likely not repurchase.
60-80: Good to very good. May repurchase if I’m in the mood for one of these teas, but these teas are not staples in my collection.
80-95: Will very likely repurchase, but these teas are something I could live without or easily find a suitable substitute.
95-100: Staples. Must always have on hand, would go to the ends of the earth to track down if discontinued.

PREPARATION
I make all of my teas Western style, but if I do get more into straight teas in the future you can bet I will be buying a gong fu set. If I’ve added any milk to my teas, it’s always vanilla soy milk, and I do not add sweetener unless otherwise noted. Usually I’m very good about making a note of any additional ingredients I’ve added to the tea.