drank Glazed Lemon Loaf by Tazo

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #132 overall / Tea #3 for April

Thursday 4/01/21 — Tazo Lemon Loaf—2 teabags from unknown date. I’m basically a loose-leaf tea snob at this point (been drinking tea for almost 5 years now) but I’ll try anything sachets, teabags, bottled drinks, in store/cafe bubble teas/specialty tea drinks, etc… Anywho I’ve been trying to find this tea for a long time. I kept trying to get it 1.5 years ago with my Instacart coupons and then again, a few months ago when they sent me some free $$ again… and my order would be refunded/out of stock every time. sad face I recently got 4 boxes (still from Instacart from a Kroger) so I’m going to use these 2 teabags from who knows when to brew something hot & plain (20 oz trusty DT dark blue tumbler) to have tonight between my 7.5-hour shift tonight, eight hours of rest in between, and then 14.5 hour shift tomorrow. :) — NOTE It wasn’t as tasty as I thought, hopefully it was worth buying four boxes $3.99 each. If not, eh, I’ve spent more money on worse (to me) tea.

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

Michelle

You could try 3 bags for 20 oz and for at least 10 minutes. I like this tea, but it never does well with too much water or short steep times.

Martin Bednář

Uhh, 14.5 hour shift. I did that only once. I was never that exhausted!

Tiffany :)

Thanks for the tip Michelle, I’ll try this next time when I open one of the boxes I just got!

Martin — Eh, I think the longest shift I’ve worked was 20 hours? I’m at a hotel so normally I work 7-9 hours per shift but it has varied especially in past year or so with small team and COVID.

ashmanra

I used to do 16 hour shifts on election days. Not fun. Up at four, arrive at five to set up, open at six, close at 7 pm, count and pack and return all items to main office. Thankfully it happened at most three times a year, if we had a primary, a run off, and a general election.

Comments

Michelle

Martin Bednář

Uhh, 14.5 hour shift. I did that only once. I was never that exhausted!

Tiffany :)

ashmanra

For now I’m generally using my tasting notes to record my 2021 sipdowns (of tins/bags/packages no matter if it’s a kilo bag or a teabag/sample packet), goal is 500 by end of year and not a ban on buying but just learning my tastes.

2021 TOTAL AS OF 5/14: 199

March: 45 (129 total as of 3/31) [goal 100 aka for end of the month: 184]
February: 51 (84 total as of 2/28) [goal for end of the month: 84]
January: 33 [goal for end of the month: 42]

TOTAL MONEY SPENT on tea/tea accessories in 2021 as of 2/17/21: $1562.79 USD

Been a huge fan of tea since spring of 2016.

Likes: herbal (tisanes), green, oolong, fruity, lemon, bananas, cherry, raspberry, any berries really, dessert, sweet potato, spicy, smoky, earthy, roasted, chai, ginger, cardamom, lavender, rosemary, sage need to keep adding to this.

Dislikes: stevia, chamomile, rose, jasmine, perfume, floral.

I post here and there on Instagram, need to start posting there more regularly.

I love to share/swap/take in homeless teas… if you have something (even if it’s just enough for one cup – for me one cup is a 16-20 oz size) to share / want to swap / etc. feel free to send me a message. I don’t have any allergies and love trying new things! :)

Columbus, Ohio, USA