I was about to brew up a cup of Angel of Decadence sent to me by the wonderful MissB, when I realized that I am now currently in possession of three jasmine green teas: Beastly Beverage’s Angel of Decadence, Nina’s Jasmin, and this tea sent to me by my awesome swap partner, Roswell Strange. So what did I decide to do with this knowledge? I decided to do a side-by-side-by-side comparison in order to determine which is the best out of the three.

This one, though nice, is most “green” of the three. It definitely has a strong floral scent and flavor but of the three, it is the one that leans most towards a leafy/vegetal taste.

Angel of Decadence is the smoothest and most floral of the three. It has a touch of a buttery green base but the most prominent element by far is the flowers.

Lastly, Nina’s. in true French tea fashion, has the most subtle flavor. The Jasmine comes through in smell more than taste. Weirdly enough, this is not as thin as the other two teas and has a far more buttery base.

All are good in their own right and have their different appeals. However, at the end of the day, I am not a lover of floral teas nor green teas so I probably won’t be stocking up on any of the teas. Nevertheless, thank you MissB and Roswell Strange for sharing your teas with me and giving me the opportunity to try something new!

Flavors: Flowers, Grass

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Tea Ratings Guide (as of December 10, 2017)
90-100 Teas I NEED on hand at all times
80-89 Teas I want to keep around for a cup every now and then
70-79 Teas I am glad I have around and can experiment with but probably don’t need more than what’s in my cupboard
60-69 Teas I would not turn down a cup of from a friend but that would probably be enough
50-59 Teas I can see why someone would enjoy but are not for me