drank Nutty Granola Crunch by DAVIDsTEA

This smelled like granola. It was simultaneously impressive and weird because this was completely accurate, in scent, at least.

In taste, the granola flavor transfers over as well. It’s like granola but with melted peanut butter on it. Alas, there is also an underlying sweetness creeping around under everything else that really detracts from the whole thing. Some experimenting is needed and this isn’t my favorite tea but it captures the flavor you’d expect from the name so that is a good start.

On another note, today I discovered mold in my push button iced tea tumbler. It was not a fun discovery especially because when I went to clean it the little rubber stopper fell down the drain and disappeared forever. I took it as a sign to say goodbye :(.

Also, why does this have the pic for the Pom Cider tea?

Roswell Strange

Hmm; interesting. This is the blend that I personally found least appealing; in concept and dry smell. Still haven’t tried it yet. Sorry the hear about your tumbler, though. I hate when teaware bites the dust.

Plunkybug

Mine smelled and tasted very weird.

Roswell Strange

Well, tried it – and it’s actually my favourite overall from the whole collection. Huh.

VariaTEA

Haha, RS, glad you enjoyed it.

And Plunkybug, I am sorry you didn’t. I don’t think this is a favorite for me but it’s pleasant enough to get through the sample pack I grabbed.

Plunkybug

I’m thinking of trying it again just in case it was me and not the tea.

Comments

Roswell Strange

Plunkybug

Mine smelled and tasted very weird.

VariaTEA

Haha, RS, glad you enjoyed it.

Plunkybug

I’m thinking of trying it again just in case it was me and not the tea.

My cupboard has grown exponentially since joining this site and I have a lot to share. Feel free to snoop through my cupboard and message me if anything interests you – I am always happy to swap!

For me, flavored teas are definitely my sweet spot. I will most often reach for black teas and rooibos or honeybush blends but I do keep some flavored whites and greens around for when the mood strikes. I have a few herbals/tisanes but most of the time I find myself disappointed by them as they often smell deliciously sweet and then end up tasting tart/sour. I have a little bit of an aversion to pu’erh and oolong teas. I am also wary of florals, earl greys, and chai teas. I do not like overpowering citrus flavors nor do I usually like hibiscus, licorice or chamomile. I love dessert teas – caramel, vanilla, toffee, cookie, cream, and other sweet flavors make me smile. Fruits like strawberry, peach, mango, and pineapples will often catch my attention as well.

Thornhill, Ontario